Título: Leadership Sustainability: Seven Disciplines to Achieve the Changes Great Leaders Know They Must Make
Autor: Dave Ulrich; Norm Smallwood
Edição: março, 2013
"Dave and Norm propose a practical approach to solving the problem of leaders turning what they intend into what they do. The seven principles provide a simple and practical way to get things done." - Ram Charan, coauthor of the New York Times bestselling Execution
"Dave and Norm do a great job about teaching leaders not just what to do, but how to make sure that they do it. The ideas in the book are insightful, specific, and actionable." - Gina Qiao, SVP Human Resources, Lenovo
"Finally, a 'how-to' book that is grounded in the real-world dynamics of leading organizations!" - Dixon Thayer, CEO, HealthNEXT
How can you ensure that you stick with all the positive changes you have made? How do you make sure you don’t slip back into your old ways?
Answer: Leadership Sustainability
Dave Ulrich - the man BusinessWeek referred to as the "#1 Management Educator and Guru" - teams up with leadership expert Norm Smallwood to go where no leadership guide has gone. This dream team provides sophisticated, proven leadership sustainability ideas and tools that you can put to use immediately.
Leadership Sustainability helps you turn good intentions into effective actions by mastering seven critical disciplines:
- Simplicity: Focus on the few key behaviors that will have the most impact.
- Time: Allocate your time so your calendar matches your intentions.
- Accountability: Take personal responsibility for doing what you say you will do.
- Resources: Support your leadership with effective, ongoing coaching and HR systems.
- Tracking: Develop metrics for measuring your leadership improvement.
- Melioration: Learn from your mistakes and demonstrate resilience.
- Emotion: Draw on deep personal values to keep yourself motivated.
- The journey to great leadership doesn't end with learning and implementing effective new skills. Great leadership is about consistency, and the drive for consistency is a never-ending process. Use Leadership Sustainability to ensure leadership greatness today, tomorrow, and for the rest of your life.
Dave Ulrich é investigador e professor de gestão na Universidade de Michigan, e cofundador do RBL Group. Foi consultor de mais de metade dos Fortune 200. Tem doze livros e mais de uma centena de artigos publicados.
Norm Smallwood é cofundador do RBL Group, dedicado à formação e consultadoria, tendo como objetivo auxiliar as empresas e os líderes a desenvolverem valor. É coautor de quatro livros e mais de uma centena de artigos.